Thursday, March 23, 2006

The editorial page gods be praised!

So I walked into my local Plaid and picked up today's Oregonian, dreading the stomach-churning bile, the teeth-gnashing, and the mix of utter confusion and despair caused by Reinhard's columns that await me each Thursday.

However, lo and behold!, upon opening to the editorial page there was nary any evidence of a self-righteous conservative blowhard to be found! Rather, in his typically reserved space, was Maureen Dowd's latest. Saints be praised!

So, what is the meaning of this? I've gotten used to such a routine that when there is a break, I'm flabbergasted. Did Dave suddenly wake up and realize the citizens of Portland would benefit from a (hopefully permanent) hiatus? Could it be that this blog is actually (gasp!) accomplishing its mission statement?

If anyone has this and can provide some sort of scoop on why Dave's missing a column this week, please send info my way....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home